underdog ˈʌndədɒɡ/ – nouns
- a competitor thought to have little chance of winning a fight or contest.
- “we go into this game as the underdogs”
- a person who has little status in society
- synonym – weaker party, victim, prey
Quite an abrasive heading for my first post in 2017? Well, I mean business this year and nothing and no one is getting in my way. This girl is on a mission. While we’re all just tying to get out of that January slump my mind is set on bigger things…
For most of my life I have never felt like an underdog until I decided to take my blog seriously. This world is cut-throat and you can easily get boxed in but I refuse to take any negativity or rejection lying down this year. I’m just going to keep it moving and make them wish they thought of me in the first place.
Oh hi 2017, I have arrived.
Also here are my tips for getting through January:
- Almost a week till pay day – hold on change is coming
- Be a delusional optimist – think glass half full kind of vibe
- Think of that one thing you’re going to buy when you get paid that is just for you – happiness pending
- Call a friend – laughter is the best medicine
- Visit the parentals – food is always available
- Meditation – when it all falls apart
Makeup: Cindy Okkers @creativeobsessionsbycoco
Boots: Cotton on